Shopify Local Delivery App - Migration Guide
Are you moving over from the Shopify Local Delivery app to EasyRoutes?
The Shopify Local Delivery app is shutting down on January 16th. Below is a guide on moving away from the app. Note: if you are using Shopify Local Delivery as a shipping method for your orders, this is still supported by Shopify. Below is a guide on switching over to using EasyRoutes for planning your deliveries.
We built EasyRoutes to create the best way to make your own local deliveries on Shopify. EasyRoutes can be installed from the Shopify App Store. New to EasyRoutes? You can try any of our plans for free for 14 days.
If you are moving over from the Shopify Local Delivery app you'll be delighted to know that you can...
- Make routes from all your orders, not just the ones marked "local delivery" (e.g. deliver any order! add a shipping address and deliver a pickup order!)
- You can create multiple routes in one go, for multiple drivers.
- We offer proof of delivery photos and notes for peace of mind.
- You can put delivery and pickup orders on the same route.
- We support more than 100 stops.
- Send your next stop to Google Maps, Waze, or Apple Maps.
- Add custom stops from outside of Shopify
- Set a time per stop
- See Drive times and ETAs
- Schedule routes for the future
- See and fix bad addresses
- Customizable tables and views
- Import addresses via spreadsheet
Here are some pointers to help you get started with EasyRoutes! The good news is that EasyRoutes works in a super integrated way with Shopify Local Delivery orders. Learn more about EasyRoutes works with your Shopify setup with this guide: How does EasyRoutes work with your Shopify setup and third-party apps?
Similar to the Shopify Local Delivery app, they need to have an active login for your Shopify store and required staff permissions enabled. Your store's staff will need to have the following permissions:
For more information, refer to the description of staff permissions.
Workflow and order statuses:
As you fulfill your Shopify Local Delivery Orders with EasyRoutes, they similarly progress through the following order statuses:
- Unfulfilled: Order preparation and fulfillment haven't started. Your next step is to prepare orders for delivery by picking and packing the items. You can also print packing slips to include with the order. To finish, mark the order as Ready for delivery.
- Ready for delivery: The order is packed and ready to be collected and delivered. You add unfulfilled orders onto a route first. This is done by fulfilling your order when it's on a planned route.
- Out for delivery: You or staff have started delivery of the list that the order is assigned to or marked this order as out for delivery.
- Attempted delivery: Orders have this status if delivery was attempted, but the order wasn't successfully delivered.
- Delivered: The order is successfully delivered. After you mark the order as delivered, the fulfillment process is complete.
As you update the order status from EasyRoutes, your customers are sent notifications so they know when to expect their order based on your store's Local Delivery notification settings.
Customers who choose local delivery at checkout receive the following notifications:
- Order confirmation
- Order out for delivery
- Attempted delivery
- Order delivered
You can customize the templates for emails that customers receive after they place an order for local delivery.
EasyRoutes can be installed from the Shopify App Store. New to EasyRoutes? You can try any of our plans for free for 14 days.
Once you do so, review our Getting Started Guide for more on how to get started!
Create an optimized route for deliveries
We also provide some more advanced ways for you to filter orders for planning your deliveries. To learn more about how to filter your orders, review the following:
- How do I filter orders by delivery zone/delivery area?
- How can I see which orders have already been assigned to a route?
- How does EasyRoutes work with Shopify Orders (Local Delivery, Local Pickup) and Information from Shopify Apps?
Delivering your orders
Your drivers can use our EasyRoutes Delivery Driver app to deliver.
We have answers to most frequently asked questions about our driver app here.
Want to learn more about how your customers interact with their deliveries? Read more about:
- Customizable Order Tracking Pages and Links
- Delivery Notifications - Email and SMS
- How do I know which notifications were sent? (Notification History)
Compatibility Notes: Based on what's available from Shopify's APIs at the moment, delivery instructions text entered into a local delivery order isn't accessible. Third-party apps (including ours) can't access this text directly. For more, here's a thread - this has been missing functionality from Shopify since June 2020. More here.
Next, learn more about we work with your setup with this guide: How does EasyRoutes work with your Shopify setup and third-party apps?
Thanks for using EasyRoutes! We look forward to having you onboard! ❤️