Tell me more about the most common words and phrases used in the driver app (Glossary)
We have instructions on how to use the most common features of EasyRoutes here.
Want to learn more in your language? For now, you can translate all of our articles into your language using Google Translate, although there may be some inaccuracies in these automated translations.
Here are common words and phrases that are used in our EasyRoutes Delivery Driver app:
- Stop: this refers to a destination where you have to deliver on the route.
- Stop Information:
- Order: Order #<1234> refers to the order number that the customer is expecting for their order.
- Recipient: This is the person/company at the delivery shipping address.
- Customer: This is the customer that purchased the order.
- Delivery Notes: EasyRoutes Delivery Driver displays important customer or delivery notes so you can perform you deliveries correctly. Learn more.
- Items: this refers to the goods that are being delivered for an order or a stop.
- Key Actions - Learn more about how to use EasyRoutes Delivery Driver
- Get Directions: Click the Start Delivery button to begin your route. You will be taken to the first stop in your route. When viewing a stop, tap the Get Directions button underneath the map using your favourite navigation app. Learn more.
- Viewing a route: When a business or a store that uses EasyRoutes creates a route and dispatches this route to you, this route will be added to your list of routes in your driver app. You will also receive a push notification to access your shared route.
- If you open the app and don't see a route you're expecting, ensure that the business that you are working with has added you to their list of drivers on EasyRoutes. You can view all routes that have a share link while they're unassigned, and any driver in the system can claim the route (at which point the route becomes assigned). Learn more.
- Start Delivery: This is an action that goes through every stop in a route, and marks each stop as Out for Delivery. Be sure to do this before starting a route if this is a part of your delivery workflow.
- Proof of Delivery: You can attach photos, an eSignature, and an optional note as proof of delivery. Learn more.
- Add Photo - adding photos to the stop
- Add Signature - adding an eSignature to the stop
- Add Note - adding a custom note to the stop
- Update Status: At the bottom of each stop are the buttons to update the delivery status of your order. Any order status updates are synced back to Shopify instantly, and as a store owner you can view the real-time status of your deliveries when viewing any of your routes in EasyRoutes. You can mark an order as: Out for Delivery (this happens when you start a route), or as Delivered, or Attempted (e.g. attempted to deliver but missed the customer)
- Tap Mark as Delivered if the delivery was successful.
- If you are unable to deliver an order, tap the "Attempted" button.
- Customers may get updated Estimated Arrival Times based on these statuses based on store settings.
- Key Information:
- Start: This refers to the starting location of the planned route.
- End: This refers to the end location for the planned route, when there is one.
- Drive Time: This refers to how much time and distance it takes to complete the route or stop.
- Inventory: This refers to all the items on the route.
- Next: This refers to the next stop or destination on the route.