[Legacy Plan Users] Getting Ready to Upgrade Your Plan
Earlier this year we introduced new pricing plans to make doing your own deliveries on Shopify even easier. We have allowed all Legacy plan users to stay on their old plans until August 31, 2022, after which they will be prompted to pick one of our new pricing plans.
This article has been put together to help you prepare for this plan migration to make the transition as seamless as possible.
Table of Contents
- What are the new plans?
- What's changed in the new plans?
- Important information to know before you upgrade
- Important information to know after you upgrade
- We are here to support you and your deliveries
What are the new plans?
Our plans are now: Lite at $15 per active driver per month, Standard at $30 per active driver per month and Premium at $45 per active driver per month – alongside our Free plan. Each tier lets you pick the kind of delivery experience you would like to provide to your customers. Premium plan users in the US and Canada also have the option to add-on custom SMS delivery notifications for an $15 per active driver per month.
What's changed in the new plans?
- All the new plans now have access to our driver apps (including our Free plan).
- Sharing routes is much faster — no more having to copy and paste links, EasyRoutes will send links via SMS when you click the Dispatch button.
- Created and customize order tracking pages to keep your customers informed. Add your logo, brand colours, and change any of the text (Standard & Premium plans only)
- Create, brand and customize your delivery notifications. Our editor makes it easy to craft the perfect emails, all without needing to know any Liquid Code like with Shopify's emails (Premium plan only).
- Along with being able to schedule routes, you can now assign them to any driver in your roster using a simple drop-down menu.
- If you have a busy delivery weekend, you can add extra driver seats for just that weekend and remove them afterwards. Instead of paying for a full month, we're prorate the charges so you only pay for the time used. This makes is super easy to scale your fleet up and down as needed.
Important information to know before you upgrade
- Since upgrading plans is changing your subscription with EasyRoutes, you will need access to a staff account that has the permissions to approve app charges. Here are some additional tips:
- If you are a staff account user that does not have the permission to approve app charges, then either have an administrator grant your account the permission to approve app charges (even just for EasyRoutes), or to request that someone will access to change your plan
- Adding additional active driver seats will also require the same permissions. It may be helpful to confirm the desired number of active seats ahead of time if you are an account that does not have billing access.
- Upgrade your plan before dispatching any routes for the day. Changing plans while a driver is in the middle of a route could disrupt their deliveries.
- Prepare a list of your driver's phone numbers. After you upgrade your plan you will need to add your drivers using their phone numbers before they can be dispatched routes.
- If your drivers are not already using the EasyRoutes Delivery Driver app (available for both IOS and Android) for their deliveries, ask them to download it and create their account. That way when you add your drivers in EasyRoutes, they will be ready to be activated and assigned to routes when needed. If not, the driver will be in a "pending" state in EasyRoutes until that driver creates their account.
- All drivers must use the EasyRoutes Delivery Driver app for their deliveries as the browser-based delivery view is being deprecated.
Important information to know after you upgrade
We are here to support you and your deliveries
Thank you for choosing EasyRoutes — we hope to help with your deliveries for years to come and we look forward to continuing to make EasyRoutes even better for you.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us!