How is the status of a route determined?
The route status value is determined by the status of stops within a route. Here is a complete mapping of Stop to Route statuses:
- Preparing (e.g. the initial status of a stop after a route is created) -> Unstarted
- Ready -> Ready
- Out for delivery -> Started
- Delivered or Attempted -> Completed
How this works:
- If all stops have a Preparing status, then the route is Unstarted.
- If all stops have a Ready status, or if a route has a combination of stops that are preparing or ready, then the route is Ready.
- If any stops in a route are Out for delivery, Delivered or Attempted, the route status will show as Started.
- Once all stops have a status of Delivered or Attempted the route status will be marked as Completed.