What phone number from the order does EasyRoutes use for custom SMS notifications?
EasyRoutes will attempt to use the first available phone number in a stop's Shopify Order in the following priority order for sending a custom SMS notification:
- If the order is a Shopify Local Delivery order, the mobile phone number entered into the local delivery checkout shipping method input field (e.g. with the default instruction text: "We may use this number to call or text you about your delivery.")
- The phone number as seen an order's Contact Information section:
- This is usually from when a customer provides their phone number instead of an email as the contact during checkout. This can be enabled in your checkout settings. (Settings > Checkout > "Select what contact method customers use to check out." > Phone number or email)
- Orders can also be edited to include a phone number in the "Contact information" section afterwards.
- The phone number in the order customer's profile (alongside their email address in their customer profile)
- The phone number in the order's shipping address, if available.
As it appears on the Shopify Order page: