How do I troubleshoot my store when the TipGenius Pop-up does not show up in the cart?
Possible causes and remedies:
- TipGenius is not enabled. Ensure that TipGenius is currently enabled in your settings.
- You have not started your TipGenius subscription. Ensure that you have an active TipGenius subscription or trial.
- TipGenius cannot detect the Tip Product variant that we have created. You may have modified the Tip product that TipGenius in a way that has removed product detection in the cart (e.g. you created different variants in the product and we can longer add the Tip product). Please review Tip Product troubleshooting steps for next steps.
- TipGenius cannot detect your theme's checkout button or there are other theme compatibility issues. While TipGenius works with most themes out of the box (we're tested with all the themes that come free with Shopify), you may be have a customized theme where TipGenius is unable to detect your checkout button. Please review Theme Compatibility troubleshooting steps for next steps.
- There are third-party applications that are interfering with TipGenius operations. Other Shopify apps can modify the cart checkout button behaviour in a way that can interfere with TipGenius operations. Please review your setup if this is the case, since some apps override the Checkout button so that it does not directly submit the checkout form. This can sometimes happen after you have set up TipGenius and you are adding other cart-based apps.
- Common occurrences: if you have tried applications that interact with your cart and checkout flow, these can prevent TipGenius for functioning even if you have uninstalled the apps if you have not removed the code snippets created by these third party applications in your cart (e.g. apps from popular vendors like SpurIT). If you are noticing that TipGenius is no longer detecting the checkout button after installing some applications, then be sure to follow the uninstallation instructions (including code removal) if you are no longer using those apps.